Wednesday, November 5, 2008

History

The eve of revolution and CHANGE is upon us.

I feel it more than necessary to pay respect to the new world leader. Listening to him speak, I feel more CANADIAN.

For the first time in my life, I trust and BELIEVE a politician, moreover, a leader.

In a world that can easily leave a person felling completely insignificant, and further, wholly unsafe, it is entirely refreshing to FINALLY see any source of light, at the end of a long, desolate tunnel. My world view has been shaped by continuing poverty, violence and fear. Personally, and for the first time in my short life, I can honestly say that this man, Barack Obama, through his promised shift of American politics, can help START to change the world.

The magnitude of this night in WORLD history can not be overemphasized.

Two Wars
A planet in peril
An economy in it's worst state in a near century.

I believe that a revolution has begun. Culturally, this could change our everything. This could mean a stable and sustainable future for MY children, though the Presidential-Elect is from a different country. My hope is that MY country, strong and free, finds a saviour such as Obama. I finally feel like I CAN make a difference, I CAN be a part of change and further, I CAN make it happen in MY country.

Yes we can, Canada, yes we can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said Billy

C @ BVC