Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The glow.

Now that the glow has warn off a little, at least for me, being a Canadian citizen, I think it's important to think critically and rationally about the events that unfolded last night.

America has a new President-to-be. He is faced with the unimaginable task of literally turning the world around.

Whatever type of thinker you are, or whatever side of the political spectrum you lay on, it is plainly obvious to any rational person; America is a WORLD leader. Had it not been for it's administration's choices, Canada would not be involved in the 'War on Terror'... a war on metaphor.

We are standing on the edge of, what could be, a revolutionary line.

Obama promises to change America. In doing this, he pledges, indirectly, to change the world. I believe him., though, it will be interesting to see what happens when he's given power.

Obama was sure to point out that, in electing him, America has not MADE CHANGE, directly. They have made the CHANCE for REAL CHANGE. The work lays ahead still.

I hope, in time, that Canada finds an Obama. For ONCE, the western world is considering the people outside it's borders. The WORLD community. Canada can change.

If we have a person willing to lead the way, I WILL follow. I WILL do everything I can to assure that the world spins in a new direction.

Forget about your life for a second. We're SITTING in HISTORICAL TIMES. We finally have the POWER to STAND UP.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's all well and fine... but coming from a CONFIRMED boy kisser like yourself (see link), I really don't think your words carry any merit.

Love

-Kirley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65I0HNvTDH4