Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Years Resolution

So, I've actually followed through with last years resolution.

I promised myself that I would stop shopping at Wal-Mart.

From no major documentary or sobstory, I decided to stop shopping there based on personal experience. As easy as it might seem, it was actually quite difficult to cut that company out of my life.

I bought a variety of products from them, to usually have them broken within weeks. Sure, they're cheaper... but they're also poorly made and imported from other countries. This might seem the 'norm' on the surface, and it is. Unfortunately, our country has become dependant on other countries to bring in product for our day to day lives. This helps the consumer but drastically limits the amount of production jobs our country has available. Even in the retail world, I worked for Wal-Mart a whopping 8 hours. After being named by my employee number on the loudspeaker, I decided to go home.

I'm not a capitalist. This much is ovbiously apparent. I do support free trade, so long as it IS free trade. I do support business and the exchange of money for goods and services. I do not support monopolies. I cannot support greed and lies.

And so there you go. As this new year rolls in, I will be one year Wal-Mart free. Maybe you don't agree with my politics - but at least I keep my promises.

No comments: